Friday, June 23, 2017

IRRITATED!!!

I NEVER WANTED TO WORK FOR MYSELF.  I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A LOYAL EMPLOYEE WORKING FOR AN EMPLOYER WHO APPRECIATED A FAITHFUL, HONEST, WILL DO THEIR BEST WORK FOR YOU EMPLOYEE. 


After sinking $5,000.00 in getting an education to transition my former career which is now defuncto due to technology, and now, technology is doing the same thing to that career, and looking down the tracks to see the train - Yea, that train she's a'comin...

I feel really irritated at the circumstances of life and people obliviously go around jumping through all the hoops, struggling to keep the little crumbs thrown at them because of fear.  Right is right.  Wrong is wrong.  There is no middle ground.  That means you, Mr./Mrs. CEO of a big corporation, you too will stand before God and have to give account for your actions.  I tend to speak for the older population as I AM OLDER.  But I also see the younger people struggling.  I see some, my own children, who have adopted the attitude - "Why even bother?  It's useless.  Hopeless.  No change.  No chance for a better life." 

When I look at the requirements for just getting in to a higher education facility, you young person - Jump through this hoop...Nope, not good enough.  Go over here and jump through this hoop.  Still not good enough, go here and put your left foot in, now take it out, put it back in.  Take it out and put your right foot in the middle.  Take it out.  Nope not good enough.  Keep going, keep going, keep going until....BURNOUT - No wonder we are seeing heart attacks increasing in the younger age population.  No wonder the suicide rates are climbing.  No wonder people are going postal...

Then let's add age discrimination to that mix and now we have people with no experience running companies and all the while the bar is getting lowered and lowered.  Companies want experience, but they do not want the older, more experienced, higher salary worker so they make the environment very unfriendly to those people.  Pretty soon, young person, they will drop the age even lower on you. 

"How can I say this?" you ask.  I watched my own father agonize over coworkers being let go as they neared retirement age.  What I did not realize as a child myself was that it had been happening even before my father's time.  I found this out when my father-in-law started talking about his father and some things the company had done to him.  It's true what the Bible say - There is no new thing under the sun

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

 

I never wanted to have my own business.  I wanted to work for an employer who appreciated me as I did my best to give them the very best I could do for them. 

 

Unemployed old person looking for freelance work as a Content Creator...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment