Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Why Every True Christian Will Admit 

They Are A Recovering Narcissist...

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

As much as I have ranted, yes - Ranted! - about bullies, narcissistic people, when the Lord popped this thought in my head, I had to stop and say, "Yes, This is very true."  We are all at different points in our journeys to the Lord if we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.  
The terms to define a narcissist float freely as in:  Self-Centered, they only think about themselves; Selfish, see self-centered.  They think only about themselves, see self-centered; They matter so much only to themselves that they will purposely try to control and manipulate others by lying, stealing, trying to set you up for other people to see you a certain way - not caring what harm it may cause to you, their victim, see self-centered.  If there is a control button, they have it.  They will not surrender it.  No matter the cost!  


Now this brings us to our learning points.  If you have had somewhat of a Catholic background, maybe Reformation, and have learned some of the catechisms you will remember your seven deadly sins.  If you have more a Protestant/Reformation, you will have lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the pride of life teachings.  

The most basic way to say it is -   
 

Eph 2:1-10  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:  That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.   For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 

When we become redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ, we start to see these fleshly things die away.  The old man is crucified with Jesus Christ and we live by faith in Christ Jesus.  Allowing His Holy Spirit to work in us, creating a new person in us.  We choose to lay our selfish ways down and die to self to 'love others' as Christ would have us to love them.  Meaning we think of them before ourselves.  The problem here - and where Boundaries come in to play is that we no longer allow that Narcissist in our life to wreck havoc.  We recognize who and what they are just as we recognize in ourselves that we too are like that, could be like that or were like that but have changed owing to the fact that Jesus has changed us, and proceed accordingly.  

I often hear, "I just disconnect that person from my life because I don't like ....."  Ummmmm, that's a selfish statement if I have ever heard one.  Sometimes yes, we do have to put up a boundary because a person can be dangerous, especially in cases of physical violence.  However, I find that we need to have grace, mercy and compassion on the person who is still being controlled by their sin nature and let's face it, we're all still being controlled by our sin nature...Whether they have come to Christ or not, Christ tells us to love people.  No matter the cost to love people.  Oy, is that a hard lesson?  Yes!  Yes, it is!!!  But whether we want to admit it or not, we are that person.  We are selfish, self-centered, greedy, thinking only of ourselves and I want what I want when I want it!!! Right Now!!!  
 Lord, help me to not judge others, when there is still so much wrong in my life...   
 Rom 3:9  What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 

Now, Look at your most beloved sitting beside you watching your favorite show and hand them the remote, while your favorite show is still on...That's it!  You can do it!  Give them the remote and tell them, "I love you."  Let them change the channel and don't get mad at them.  When you're mad at whoever, don't disconnect and say, "I'm never going to speak to you again.."  Just don't!  Instead learn to communicate.  Learn to say, "I don't agree with you.  I can't go and do what you want me to do with you. But I can still love you and be here for you when you come back."  

No comments:

Post a Comment