Friday, February 17, 2023

 Put On the Garment of Praise for the Spirit of Heaviness...


There are times where life is just hard...and the hardest part is not understanding.  If we just understood, it would bring such peace to our situation.  I do not understand why 'the attacks', other than I know that I have an enemy.  An enemy who does not want to see anyone happy, joyful, prospering in the Lord.  Yes, the battle of good versus evil.  Evil tries to take your joy in any way that it can.  I surrender, right now, all the convoluting, mind numbing thoughts of why to you, Jesus.  When you are staring evil in the face, how are you going to respond?  

For a time, I lost my ability to maintain my peace.  Well, if I was controlling it that means God did not have it, did He?  So, I have learned that only God can help me to do anything.  If I am to walk in peace and yet confront evil, how do I do this and not be like evil?  It was baffling.  I knew that if I respond as the world responds, God would not like this.  He would not approve.  However, I also did read where God said, "If you do not stand for what is right, that is wrong too."  What to do, what to do....

Well, first things first-  Never Give Up!!!  Never Give In!!!  Not to evil.  No!  To God, YES! Absolutely because God will take it and use it for His Glory!  So as the devil has once again tried to pull me back in to anger, bitterness, sadness, despair, steal my joy, I am standing.  I'm setting my face like flint.  I'm not wallowing in the pit of despair, anger, pity- the woe is me place.  Call it hard or lack of compassion, whatever, I'm getting in the Happy Boat, I'm putting on my garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.  

In past, I would have relished in the pity me boat.  Not anymore, I decided I was sick of the sad, depressed, anger, pity boat.  So for the last couple of years I have been working on the - I'm not going to let this get inside of me.  I am going to BELIEVE God's Word.  I'm going to stand no matter what anyone is saying and yes, I have been called the gamut of names "You're crazy..." etc. etc. blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....Yea, whatever, devil - take yourself out of here in the Name of Jesus Christ and get on down the road preferably back to the abyss from which you came.  

I told my husband, who is also grieving, the more evil tries to steal my joy, the more I am going to let my light shine.  I'm going to praise Jesus.  I'm going to let my light shine brighter...Sing it together with me:  This little light of mine...I'm going to let it shine...yes, a simple child-like song that breaks the yoke of oppression.  Get your praise on!  Put on that garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.  

Rest in peace, Missy.  We only had you for two weeks and three days.  We don't have answers as to why, only conclusion that do not lead to peace so we are going to remember you by shining the light on evil, and praising and thanking Jesus for bringing you in to our lives for the short time we had you.  You were loved and wanted and we know one day we will see you again in Heaven.  



Don't confuse her for Mr. Buttons though!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment