Wednesday, December 22, 2021

It Is Three Days Before Christmas...


And all through the house...an anticipation.  Yes, the tension was growing thicker and thicker as past memories fly.  Just what the enemy wants...Mwaahaaha....I will make them remember the trauma and abuse.  I will cause them to fret and worry. 

Jesus says... 

John 14:23  Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My Word, and My Father shall love him. And We will come to him and will make a dwelling place with him. 

Joh 14:24  The one who does not love Me does not keep My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father who sent Me. 
Joh 14:25  I have spoken these things to you, abiding with you; 

And I just love...


Joh 14:26  but the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and shall remind you of all things that I said to you. 



Joh 14:27  I leave peace to you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be timid. 
Joh 14:28  You heard that I said to you, I am going away, and I am coming again to you. If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced that I said, I am going to the Father; for My Father is greater than I. 
Joh 14:29  And now I have told you before it occurs, that when it shall occur you may believe. 
Joh 14:30  I shall no longer speak many things with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. 
Joh 14:31  But that the world may know that I love the Father, even as the Father commanded Me, so I do. Rise up, let us go from here. 

As I printed out my Christmas letter and sent out cards, some cards still unsent and me deciding if I should send them or not.  All the things undone and unfinished and the accuser just flinging those thoughts faster than a train coming down the track and you're late for work.  Yeah, you know what I'm talking about . . I am reminding myself focus on Jesus, the Light of the World.  Jesus is the light of the world.  He's got this...whatever (_________) this is at the moment.  When you are feeling that tension build, the frustrations - take time out.  Just take time out and breathe, pray, laugh, sing, make a joyful noise...just start saying, "Thank you, Jesus for..." Find that friend who, you know that friend, the one who always, ALWAYS make you feel better after you have spent some time with them.  Take time for the important things which I have found are usually completely free - things like spending time with your family even if it's just a chat to catch up on the phone, or writing a letter, watching a bird at a bird feeder or just watching a bird, the blue in the sky, the snow glistening in the sun or if you're at the beach making your northward friends envious catching those waves.  These things will be the things that endure through time.  I can say that to those of you who are younger because as my husband said, "You are officially a member of the old peoples' club now."  

It is very true when your grandmother or grandfather or even your Mom or Dad says, "The best things in life are free."  This is a truth!  Remember it!  Money does not bring happiness and yes, I am one of those that have said, but I would like to find out if that is so.  In retrospect, I can still say I recognize money will not fix everything.  It's another tactic by the enemy to convince you that having this ___________(again fill in the blank) will make you happy.  No, it will not make you happy.  So again, choosing here to focus on good, light, positive, the promises of God, my Father, who has given me 'every blessing.'  Every to me means all.  There was nothing not given or kept from me.  I encourage you to read Ephesians, chapter one - the whole chapter.   But here is the one verse stating I have been given 'every blessing.' 

 Eph 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ; 

The gift of our salvation is free.  You can't beat that my friend.  You don't have to do this or that or be destitute.  Jesus truly is our source no matter the situation.  I encourage you to really get out of the mindset that the future looks hopeless because that just is not true.  

For God So Loved the World
Joh 3:16  (KJV) For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 
Joh 3:17  For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 
Joh 3:18  The one believing into Him is not condemned; but the one not believing has already been condemned, for he has not believed into the name of the only begotten Son of God. 
Joh 3:19  And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness more than the Light, for their works were evil. 
Joh 3:20  For everyone practicing wickedness hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, that his works may not be exposed. 
Joh 3:21  But the one doing the truth comes to the Light, that his works may be revealed, that they exist, having been worked in God. 


All scripture is King James Version from:  https://e-sword.net/



No comments:

Post a Comment